JEE Main is conducted twice a year (January and April) in computer-based mode by the National Testing Agency. You can appear in one or both the exams, it will be considered as a single attempt for the year. If appeared twice, the best score among the two will be considered for rankings.
The objective of conducting JEE Main twice a year is to help students in case where one bad day, due to any reason, should not hamper their chances of taking admission in a good engineering college.
Ideal strategy for JEE Main Preparation after NTA giving two chances to clear the exam
Strategy-wise you have two stages now to clear the JEE Main.
- Take January exam as a rehearsal to test your preparation and exam temperament. Consider it as a practice test with full preparation. You may lack in solving enough full paper tests or revision but it’s worth giving the exam in January to understand the level of questions.
- Continue with your preparation after the January exam. If your score is low, then you need to improve, study and practice hard for the exam in April. Candidates can improve their percentile by giving JEE Main April exam.
If you are a dropper, you may like to target January exam and keep April as a backup.
Where to practice online mock tests for JEE Main?
Start solving online mock tests for JEE Main if you have not done yet. You can practice online tests on NTA website, registered centres – schools and colleges, or join an online test series.
Advantages of conducting JEE Main two times in a year
- The best feature of conducting JEE Main twice is that student will not lose one year if he/ she not able to perform good due to any reason, because there will be two examinations before admission.
- You can appear in either of the two or both exams. If given twice, the best score will be taken into account for the result and admission.
- The online (computer based examination) mode makes the process of examination fast, safe and leak proof.
- It will help you to handle exam pressure well.
FAQs about NTA JEE Main, Two Times a Year
Should I attempt one or both exams?
Since the “best of two” approach will be applicable, it’s no-brainer that everyone should go for both exams in January and April. Two is better than One.
Can class 12 students take JEE Main in January?
Yes, class 12 students are eligible to give JEE Main exam in January. You can again attempt the exam in April to improve your score.
Can a 12th passed student take the JEE Main twice?
Yes, 12th pass out students and droppers can take the JEE Main twice.
JEE Main two exams in a year (January and April), will they be considered as two attempts or a single attempt?
It will be considered as a single attempt only. It is informed that students can choose either one or both exams and the best score will be considered for rankings.
What would be the best option for JEE droppers?
As a dropper, make your best attempt for January exam. If it doesn’t go as per expectations, then April exam is there for backup.
Related Page : JEE Main Exam Details
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook