JEE Main will be conducted twice a year in online (computer-based) mode by National Testing Agency from 2019. JEE Main 2019 will be conducted in January and April. You can appear in one or both exams. If you appear for both, the best score among the two will be considered for rankings.
The objective of conducting JEE Main twice a year is to help students in case where one bad day, due to any reason, should not hamper their chances of taking admission in a good engineering college.
Note : There is no change in syllabus and questions pattern of JEE Main 2019.
Ideal strategy for JEE Main Preparation after NTA giving two chances to clear the exam
Strategy-wise you have two stages now (provided you finish your full JEE Main syllabus till December).
- You can take January exam as a rehearsal to test your preparation and exam temperament. Consider it as a practice test with full preparation. You may lack in solving enough full paper tests or revision but it’s worth giving the exam in January to understand the level of questions.
- Continue with your preparation after the January exam. If you miss out on clearing the exam, then you need to improve, study and practice hard for the exam in April. If you clear the exam in January but score is less, you can study again to improve your score in April.
Keep your calm. If you do things in hurry in the middle of preparation, just to target January exam, you may miss out some important concept or topic.
If you are dropper, you may like to target January exam and keep April as a backup.
Where to practice online mock tests for JEE Main 2019?
Start solving online mock tests for JEE Main, if you have not done yet.
You can practice online tests on NTA website, registered centres – schools and colleges (will be announced soon), or join an online test series.
What are the advantages of conducting JEE Main two times in a year?
- The best feature of conducting JEE Main twice is that student will not lose one year if he/she not able to perform good due to any reason, because there will be two examinations before admission.
- You can appear in either of the two or both exams. The best score will be taken into account for the result and admission.
- The syllabus, questions pattern, choice of language will not change and hence your preparation style remain same.
- The online (computer based examination) mode makes the process of examination fast, safe and leak proof.
- It will help you to handle exam pressure well.
FAQs about NTA JEE Main, Two Times a Year
Should I attempt one or both exams?
Since the “best of two” approach will be applicable, it’s no-brainer that everyone will go for both exams in January and April. Two is better than One.
Can class 12 students take JEE Main 2019 in January?
Yes, class 12 students are eligible to give JEE Main 2019 exam in January. You can again attempt the exam in April to improve your score.
Can a 12th class-passed student take the JEE Main twice in 2019?
Yes, you can. It will be considered as a single attempt.
JEE Main two exams in a year (January and April), will they be considered as two attempts or single attempt?
As it is informed that students can choose either one or both exams, and the best score will be considered for rankings, then it should be considered as a single attempt only.
So if it’s your first drop (applied for JEE Main in 2018), JEE Main 2019 (January and April) will be your second attempt. If it’s your 2nd drop (applied for JEE Main in 2017 and 2018), then JEE Main 2019 (January and April) will be your third attempt.
What would be the best option for JEE droppers?
As a dropper, make your best attempt for January exam. If it doesn’t go as per expectations, then April exam is there for backup.
We will add more questions/queries in FAQs from JEE aspirants, as they come.
We’re listening to students.
Have something to say about this article, or any question in mind? Share it with us on Facebook