Question Asked by A JEE 2019 Aspirant : As someone who gets easily distracted, how should I plan out my routine? I started my preparation from class 9, but spent most of my 9th & 10th class days studying topics of Aerospace Engineering (the thing I’d like to pursue at a good IIT/IIST), as a result I could not top my phase tests at coaching.
To begin with, for the next couple of years your focus should only be on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, and on nothing else. If you really want to pursue aerospace engineering from a reputed college, then the time you used to spend studying aerospace related topics should instead be devoted to chapters relevant for JEE.
You might learn a lot about aerospace in your 11th and 12th, but that will not help you in achieving your goal (Yeah i know that’s the sad part). So coming to your question, this is how you should plan your routine for IIT JEE :
- Take your JEE coaching classes seriously and follow your teacher’s instructions.
- Always keep yourself abreast with what’s going on in the class, avoid falling back. Whatever is taught in the class, should be covered at home immediately. You should not procrastinate at all.
- Do your assignments on time and take them seriously [How to stop homework / assignments distractions]. Appear for mock tests, and assess yourself regularly.
- Make problem solving a habit. Spend some time everyday in solving problems. Only covering the theory will get you nowhere. JEE demands a lot a practice.
- Keep yourself away from social networking sites as much as you can. If you have any kind of addiction like playing computer games, you should get rid of that right now. You will get ample time for recreation once you get into college (Yes even in IITs!). However you may (should rather) keep yourself engaged in some kind of outdoor activity.
Wish you all the success in life! 🙂
Related post : How to Be Disciplined and Focused During IIT JEE Preparation