Many students preparing for NEET are not able to focus on their studies because of COVID-19 pandemic and Lockdown. Whether it’s the waiting period for the exam or long term staying at home, it’s getting hard for students to prepare for NEET with complete focus and concentration.
How to Focus on NEET Preparation During COVID-19 Lockdown?
Here are some ways to focus on NEET preparation in COVID-19 lockdown.
- Realize the tough situation we are in and keep your mind relaxed.
- Make a study plan for the remaining time and follow it with dedication.
- Focus on short productive study hours rather than long ineffective study sessions.
- Don’t give into short term pleasures and distractions.
- Try new methods of revision and studies.
- Look beyond NCERT to practice NEET level questions.
- Remember why you are preparing for NEET.
- Stay healthy, eat nutritious food, do exercise and sleep well.
1. Realize the tough situation we are in and keep your mind relaxed
We are in the middle of a pandemic. The lockdown is for our own good. What you need to do is to stay calm. A happy and relaxed mind will tend to focus more on studies than the one with uncertainty and anxiety all around grasping you. Stay positive, no matter how difficult the situation is.
2. Make a study plan for the remaining time and follow it with dedication
You should have a daily study schedule during the remaining days of NEET preparation. A study plan ensures you have a clear vision of what you need to do and this makes it easier to focus and actually perform the necessary actions.
3. Focus on short productive study hours rather than long ineffective study sessions
Instead of studying for long hours, identify your most productive hours and study and revise at those times. Like if you remember things and focus better early in the morning, then study more during that time.
4. Don’t give into short term pleasures and distractions
During the lockdown period, students spend most of their time at home. They may feel lethargic at times and try new things like spending time on social platforms, internet surfing, Netflix, etc. While it’s fine to explore these things during your study breaks but don’t make them dominate yourself and distract you from your goal. Think about what clearing NEET will do to your life and future. Don’t get distracted . Stay focused to achieve your goals.
5. Try new methods of revision and studies
I can understand that you may get tired of the same study routine and revision methods. If that is the reason you are losing focus in NEET preparation, then you must try some new learning and revision techniques. You can follow summary-diagrams-summary approach, practice new types of questions, smart revision tips, flow charts, flashcards, mnemonics to remember difficult words, phrases and statements.
6. Look beyond NCERT to practice NEET level questions
NCERT is the most important book for NEET, however every year there are a few questions in the NEET exam that are outside of NCERT textbooks. You can solve MCQs from a NEET reference book or previous years papers. Doing this regularly keeps a check on the fact that you haven’t forgotten a particular concept, method or property.
7. Remember why you are preparing for NEET
Be self-motivated and ambitious. Whenever you are about to get inclined towards the things which are not letting you to focus on studies then remember why you have decided to prepare for the NEET. Whether it’s your parents’ wish or your own dream to become a doctor, there has been something in you which made you the potential candidate to clear the NEET exam.
8. Stay healthy, eat nutritious food, do exercise and sleep well
Make sure everyone in the family follows all precautions, guidelines and hygiene standards to stay safe from the Corona virus. Improve your immunity through nutritious food and regular exercise. Eat your meals on time and have a good sleep at night. It will help you in concentrating more on your studies, revision and exam preparation. You’ll focus well and always feel energetic.
Have a sole dream in your mind and heart, and be ready to go through all the obstacles (Corona or lockdown) to achieve it.
Related Post : Tips to Stay Motivated for NEET