Analyse last years papers of JEE advanced. You will find that some topics in each subject have a very high weight-age as compared to other topics. And surprisingly these topics are most often the easiest ones. Some of them are mentioned below in decreasing order of their weight age:
PHYSICS (mostly dominated by 12th portion)
- Modern Physics (including nuclear physics)
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Rigid Body Dynamics
- Vector and 3D
- Definite Integrals
- Coordinate Geometry
- Probability and Permutations & Combinations
- Matrices and Determinants
CHEMISTRY (Read NCERT Religiously)
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical Bonding
(As far as inorganic and organic chemistry is considered the topics are interlinked and only thorough knowledge of each part will help.)
Related Page : 1 Year Online Course for JEE Main and Advanced
Some Tips to Crack IIT-JEE Advanced in 12 Months
- Study for minimum 6 hours with full concentration everyday. Take power naps of 15 mins after studying for an hour.
- Solve as many problems as you can and at the end always ask yourself, “What have I learned from this problem?”.
- Stay away from all sorts of distraction including Facebook, WhatsApp etc.
- Keep record of your progress and the topics covered so far. It will help you in organizing your everyday schedule.
- Lastly, stay motivated and focused, and believe me 12 months is not at all less to crack an awesome rank in JEE.
All the best.
Related Post : How to Prepare for JEE Main and Advanced in One Year