The JEE Main 2019 online exam (computer based exam) will be conducted in April 2019 in two shifts,
1st shift : 09:30-12:30 Hours (IST)
2nd shift (If required): 1400-1700 Hours (IST)
If you have already solved JEE Main online mock tests at CBSE JEE Main site or on other JEE preparation websites, then the JEE Main online test will be a cakewalk for you. Just hold your composure and you’ll do good. (If you have not practiced online tests yet, Do it now!)
Important Tips and Points for JEE Main 2019 Online Test
These points will also be helpful for JEE Advanced, BITSAT, VITEEE and other online tests.
- If you have not done so, get comfortable with a computer at home. Start solving JEE online mock tests. Create an exam like environment. Don’t allow any distraction coming in your way when you attempt an online mock test. If needed, lock yourself in the room for the test duration. Keep a water bottle with you.
- When you sit for JEE Main online test, once you’re logged in, take a moment to relax and get focused.
- Just like the JEE Main pen and paper based exam, you will be presented with instructions before the start of the online test. Read the instructions carefully (although it would be the same as like in online mock tests).
- If you get stuck at any question and have an half idea only, set the question for review later (Mark for Review and Next). Going back to reviewed question will be much easier in online mode.
- Remember that, anytime you can change your answer easily by selecting a different option. But you should not waste too much time on this, and just do a quick rewind during the last 15-20 mins.
- You will be provided rough sheets in the online test, don’t worry about that part. Just keep the focus when you are writing down figures and avoid mistakes.
- For your convenience, there will be a timer (Time Left) on computer screen during the test. Sometimes it can make you edgy and nervous, so avoid thinking of it too much while solving the questions. Just make sure you devote enough time for each section as planned.
When you are in front of the computer and JEE Main exam begins, don’t worry about any other thing. If you have practiced enough online mock tests, there is nothing extra you need to do at the day of JEE Main online examination.
Practice makes a man perfect. For JEE Main 2019 Online Exam : Practice, Practice and more Practice!
For an ideal strategy to solve questions in JEE Main exam, see the 3 phase attempt method for JEE.