Cracking NEET exam is impossible without knowing the basics of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. You should first make your basics stronger for NEET, then study advanced concepts. In this post, we will see some ways to strengthen basics for the NEET exam.
How to Strengthen Basics for the NEET exam?
Best ways to make your basics stronger for NEET exam.
- Learn the basic concepts through examples.
- Study by clubbing chapters which have similar basics.
- Break large topics into small sub-topics for easy learning.
- Don’t fast track, understanding basics takes time.
- Clearing basic concepts is the key to solving Physics problems.
- Write things down to understand better and retain the basics in Biology.
- Understanding fundamental concepts helps in memorizing Chemistry.
- Try new study methods and techniques if you found any topic boring.
- Don’t leave the basics even if they appear too trivial to you.
- Strengthen your basics for NEET through online courses.
1. Learn the basic concepts through examples
See the relevance and importance of the topic through real life examples and demonstrations. You can take help from your teacher or search online to see the real examples of the topic you are studying for NEET. Examples help you to understand the basics of any subject.
2. Study by clubbing chapters which have similar basics
Many topics in the NEET syllabus relate to and build on each other. You can learn these topics together. For e.g. the entire Organic Chemistry is to be read together, Gravitation with Electrostatics, Biological Classification with Microbes in Human Welfare, etc.
3. Break large topics into small sub-topics for easy learning
A large topic may not be required to study at one go. Divide it into smaller sub-topics. Once you’ve mastered one section, move on to the next. You’ll be surprised to find that after you really understand a few of the smaller concepts well, it will become much easier to learn and master larger concepts.
4. Don’t fast track, understanding basics takes time
Thoroughly read your NCERTs. After you’ve read a topic or major section of the topic, close your book and recall the main ideas and points. Give yourself time to understand the basics of the concepts. Don’t try to re-read multiple times without understanding.
5. Clearing basic concepts is the key to solving Physics problems
Physics becomes so easy if you are clear with the basics. You can start reading from the NCERT textbook of Physics to learn basics and then refer to a book like HC Verma. Don’t start solving problems from coaching material before clearing your basics.
6. Write things down to understand better and retain the basics in Biology
Whenever you read a Biology topic from a book or coaching module, write down in your notebook important information like vocabulary, terminology, processes, diagrams, concept summary and explanations. Writing things down helps in understanding better and you can remember the basics for a longer period of time.
7. Understanding fundamental concepts helps in memorizing Chemistry
Chemistry concepts build on understanding units, conversion, and how atoms and molecules interact. Focus on understanding the fundamental concepts, then it will be easier to memorize other stuff. Write all formulas and equations in your notes. While practicing questions, make sure you understand each step of the problem and why it is necessary.
8. Try new study methods and techniques if you found any topic boring
Clear all the basics in all three subjects. If you find any topic boring, then incorporate new effective methods of studying to make it more interesting. You can do this by active learning where you can question yourself, make flowcharts, tables, diagrams, concept maps, etc.
9. Don’t leave the basics even if they appear too trivial to you
Resolve each and every silliest of your doubts. Never give up on yourself and always try to learn and understand concepts. Learn the very basics of concepts and use it to solve the hardest of the questions.
10. Strengthen basics for NEET through online courses
You can strengthen your basics for NEET through Mystudycart online courses right from your home. Study the basic concepts from the top online faculty and experts for NEET.
Related Posts :