I was asked this question from a medical aspirant : “Which is more important for NEET – Reading concepts or solving questions?”
Once I asked the same question from my Mechanics teacher at coaching. What he said changed the way I used to prepare for NEET. He said- “Questions solve karne se concept clear hoga, concept ratt-ne se question solve nahi hoga.” (Translated- “Solving questions will clear your concepts, mugging up concepts will not help you solve questions”).
From that day, I stopped reading chapters for revision and started solving questions at last. What I did was :
- Choose a chapter.
- Take a quick look at its contents and formulae.
- Open the question bank (specially previous year papers).
- Start solving them.
- If the questions seem to be alien, don’t worry, just keep solving the next one.
- Mark the questions which are tough or which requires a particular concept to be memorized.
Now open the chapter again, and read the topics that were required to be read in detail.
What this will do is :
- You will stop wasting your time in learning useless topics.
- You will have a better idea about which topic is important for NEET and has been asked in previous years.
- You will remember the topic for a long time now as it has recently given you headaches while solving.
Related Post : Tips to Balance Theory and MCQs for NEET
Learn the right way to solve questions for clearing concepts from the best faculty and experts in Mystudycart NEET Online Courses.