Note: This post covers only the aspects of Online Examination Mode of KVPY 2018. It’s not about the subject related tips and tricks or any kind of KVPY preparation guidance.
As we know, from 2016, KVPY has been conducted in online mode (computer based) only. The examination mode of KVPY will be the same in 2018. There will be no pen and paper based exam (offline) in 2018.
How to write KVPY 2018 online examination effectively and efficiently?
For KVPY SA aspirants, this may be the first time you’ll be giving an online examination unless you have already faced Olympiads or other competitive exams in online mode.
For the first timers, nothing to worry about the online test. KVPY online exam will be very comfortable if you practice online mock tests well in advance. (Sample practice test is available on KVPY website, or you can also explore Online KVPY Tests provided by IIT JEE coaching providers).
Important points to keep in mind for KVPY Online Examination:
- Solve KVPY online mock tests. You should have enough practice of solving online tests before the KVPY online examination.
- Make sure when you attempt online mock test, it’s free of distraction from outside interference. Yes, an examination centre where you take KVPY online exam will be full of other students but a good practice environment will help you to focus well on examination day.
- Just like JEE Advanced, the reading of questions and understanding them is critical in KVPY exam. When you are not 100% sure of the correct answer, you can mark the question for review and come back to it after finishing the other sections.
- Read the instructions carefully about how to answer questions, use of “mark for review”, moving to next question, shuffling between sections and questions. The instructions in KVPY exam will be the same like in KVPY mock test. Reading them each time before attempting a test makes you aware of everything well in advance.
- On the top right side of right section there will be option of “Question Paper” where you can see full paper (all sections) in a new internal window. But the thing is, will you find it useful? In any case, just don’t waste unnecessary time with that option.
- In the question panel (left side), on top right, there is a “calculator” option which you can use by clicking on it. Below it will be the “Time left”.
- Rough sheets will be provided to you at your exam centre. Use them clearly for each question. In case you need to go back to a question for review, it will be handy.
For SX aspirants, a good KVPY online mode experience will encourage you to choose JEE Main in online mode, if you are simultaneously preparing for IIT JEE.
KVPY SB aspirants (less number of students in compare to SA and SX) may be already aware of the online examination concept, and would not face much problem in the examination.
For students who are thinking – Why KVPY is conducted in Online Mode only?
KVPY online mode of examination not only bring some extra advantage to students, it makes whole examination system safe, secure and faster.
Good luck to all KVPY aspirants!
The image used is for demonstration purpose only.